Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am sorry not to ask her name!

I forgot from where she got into the bus. All the seats were occupied, so I was standing along with other three people. I was on the way to my Rotaract Club’s meeting at Tripureshwor. It was Saturday.

She pushed her way through other people and came back where I was standing. I got a glimpse of her face. She was cute. Her phone rang and she picked it up. After she disconnected it she put it in the pocket of her long t-shirt. I thought to recommend not to keep the phone in the pocket of the shirt as the mouth of the pocket was too big to pick it up from. But I discarded the idea. One shouldn’t be Mr. Know-All everywhere!

As you know it’s not trouble-free to travel in a microbus standing. Sometimes you are falling this side, sometimes that side. You have to depend upon a single pipe, which is added later because the microbus doesn’t have such accessories, on the roof. The girl with the long t-shirt was just next to me. It was my hand at the end of the pipe after her. She continuously moved her hand. I ignored it thinking it’s not easy to stand easily.

But I was mistaken, her hand came upon my hand then it was off. I looked around. Two guys in the last seat were looking at our hands.
I slid my hand a little bit further. Lo and behold! She slid her hand too. Again her hand came upon my hand.
I slid my hand little bit further but still I could felt her fingers moving over mine.

I turn around. She was looking at me. I was blank. After a while I regain my consciousness and smiled. She looked away. I push my hands a bit far from hers. She didn’t make an effort again.

At Kalanki, the bus stopped. She settled herself in the last seat. I wished if only there was another seat adjacent to her. Anyway I let the idea go away. I went into the cabin. At Soltimode, I looked back to ensure she was there.
Oh Holiness! She was looking at me with something in her eyes that I didn’t know.

At Kalimati, a seat beside her became vacant. Without spending any moment in thinking, I moved there. She turned her head. Our eyes met!

The bus was moving and I was planning to ask her for a cup of coffee. Once I thought of even not attending the meeting but following her. That was a sweet and romantic feeling, I suppose. I didn’t ask her for the coffee, instead I got off at United World Trade Center, Tripureshwor – our club’s meeting venue.

I threw a departing look at her. I saw something in her eyes but it was too late by then.

I regretted the idea later. I should have asked her a cup of coffee or taken her to the meeting. I was so lost that I forget to ask her name too. I can’t say whether she would agree but that would certainly have cured my wandering feelings. Time moved very fast. It didn’t allow me a little bit more time for the decision making.

- Mod Dhakal (Kathmandu)

7 comments:

  1. dhami.....malai pani usko naam sodhna maan lagyo hehehheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u had asked for a cup of coffee and her name it would not have been so memorable. i hope both of u will meet again......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha, asti meeting ko real story..! like it..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dada malai manparyo real story ho................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Yes it was the story that I shared with u in the meeting. nky is right, perhaps, saying so. Thank you all for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! OOhooo!!! lekhai ramrai 6. keep it up. And I guess, she must be a school girl. D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sir! she was a 'girl', isn't that enough 'for you'? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Story

Govt prepares primary draft of DRR Policy

Kathmandu, Apr. 29: The government has prepared the preliminary report of the National Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Policy and Strategic ...